Welcome to my website! You can also find my work on Facebook under Sarah Mizanin Ceramics.
Here are a few words that best describe my work:
1) Playful. I enjoy creating pieces that evoke a sense of happiness and show character and personality.
2) Vintage. My work is rustic yet refined. Each piece has attention to detail and whimsical designs I create by hand.
3) Soft. I create forms with soft curves and detailed lines, much like the human silhouette. The surface of the piece must be soft and this is achieved through glaze application. The glazes I use and the way they are applied helps achieve the supple matte surface I desire.
4) Detailed. Each piece has unique attention to detail. I enjoy adding details that evoke a pleasant surprise (i.e.: surprising detail on the foot of a mug or cup). These details give each piece personality, and a unique voice.
5) Enchanting. A customer once called my work "enchanting." I use a unique combination of glazes to achieve a soft supple surface, and incorporate detailed designs onto each piece, achieving the feeling of relaxing on the beach. Happy, and calm.
I will be adding new pieces to my site, so please visit again. If you are interested in placing an order please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!